Global Board of Directors
World IA Day's board of directors is elected by the community organizers. These volunteers play a strategic role in determining the mission and direction of World IA Day, ensuring that the organization continues to operate in support of its mission and driving principles.
World IA Day the organization is a nonprofit volunteer organization with a board of directors that are the ultimate responsible body of the organization. Board members fulfill different roles and functions as needed.
As the leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
- determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring World IA Day's programs, events, and services
- enhancing World IA Day's public reputation
- assessing its own performance as the governing body of World IA Day, Inc
Members of the WIAD Board are nominated from the community. The board defines the strategic vision and establishes the roadmap with local organizers, committee leads, and the community-at-large.