Sign sponsorship contract
Sponsorship is a business arrangement. It is important to have an agreement in writing so that both parties understand what to expect and are clear on what will be delivered.
Sponsorship is a business arrangement. It is important to have an agreement in writing so that both parties understand what to expect and are clear on what will be delivered. We have provided a sponsorship agreement (Google Doc) for you to get started.
Here are a few steps we recommended as you secure sponsors:
- 1.Work closely with your budget and money raised so there is a continual balancing of how much you can spend. Decide on essential costs first, then add other items if it makes sense.
- 2.Remember to communicate, follow-up, and act professional. You gain credibility by doing what you say you will do which is an important aspect of relationship building. Provide them with information on time and arrive early to appointments.
- 3.Have a follow-up plan ready for sponsors who do commit. Once you get the agreement signed,
- Collect a high-resolution logo from the sponsor to use for promotion.
- Request the URL(s) of company site(s). The sponsor logo on your World IA Day location page will link to this url and the url may also be displayed on the slides for your celebration.
- Collect a brief 3 sentence statement about the company’s products or services. The statement can be used to acknowledge the sponsor at your celebration.
- Ask the company if they would like to provide marketing materials or give-a-ways for distribution to WIAD attendees.
- Collect handles for the company’s social channels. Additionally, ask if the sponsor would like to provide pre-written Tweets and/or allow your team to come up with them.
- Depending on the size of your celebration, offer complimentary tickets and a sponsor table at your World IA Day celebration. If your celebration is more intimate, offer some other perks to make their experience pleasant. Ask that they provide the attendee name(s) for the Sponsor passes. If food is provided, consider offering sponsors a free meal.
- 4.Be sure to thank them for their donation and keep the lines of communication open. The goal is to build strong relationships so they will consider sponsoring annually.
Be sure to communicate that sponsor attendees must register and perhaps provide a special name badge acknowledging them as a sponsor.